Friday, December 18, 2015

Kerli Is Coming Back!

I've waited a long time to be able use that headline right there. We all knew it was coming, but when has been a mystery for years now. Lucky for me I am around in the blogosphere at the perfect time to capture this moment. Kerli, one of the greatest international pop icons, is coming back to the music world -- and she's doing it on her own!




New Single Announcement and PledgeMusic pre-order
Posted by Kerli on Sunday, December 13, 2015


Kerli has been a marvelous pop icon for a while now. Her debut album was basically the soundtrack of my high school days, and she has a legion of fans at her beck and call. So what happened? Apparently there was a big discrepancy with her record label. I'm not sure what happened or where things went wrong, but after she released an EP a couple years back, she faded into the darkness to work on her new project. Thankfully she wasn't gone for good, because recently she announced that her new single is on the way, and coming way sooner than you'd think.

She posted the following statement about her new project

"Dear Moon Children,
As many of you know, I have spent the last 8 months making art in the magical woods of my native Estonia. It has been world changing for me – I have faced my greatest fears as a human being and as an artist, releasing everything that doesn’t ring true on the deepest levels of intuition and self expression.
I set up my studio in a tiny cottage with no running water and barely-there electricity and have been working away day and night to give birth to something I can feel proud to leave behind after my human form has transformed into stardust.
I wanna thank you for your love, support and patience as I am finally ready to share the first glimpse of this new world of mine with you. It is a special one not just because of how I feel about it but also because this is my first release as an independent artist.
I’ve teamed up with PledgeMusic to offer you exclusive items and access to behind the scenes content, only available here. Also, ahead of the full album release in 2016, I’ll be releasing 3 singles through this pre-order. Along the way there will be some new additions to the Store as well.
It’s time. To be. Truly brave.
I hope these vibrations teleport you into a land of uninhibited fairytales and connect you with your wildest self.
Integrity/Love/Unity
Moon child K"

In case that was a little hard to digest, let me give you the basics. We are getting three singles (the first of which is out January 29, 2016) as well as a full album all spread out over the course of the coming year. You can preorder the new single on Pledgemusic with packaged that include the digital single alone, a sticker pack, and an autographed lyric sheet depending on how much you want to spend. The single has yet to be named publicly, but I'm sure that in the coming weeks we will get more info and hopefully a snippet!

This is what I live for. Independent artists are my favorite, and to see someone who we already know as being incredibly talented go out on her own to fulfill her true potential and access her deepest creativity is going to be a marvelous thing indeed. Good luck, Kerli. I'm on your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment