Monday, December 15, 2014

Celebrate Xmas Early With Sonali

Sonali first popped onto my radar a few months back with her pro-gay single "Wake Up". I've since been looking for another excuse to post about her. Indie music is a hard to produce quickly, so I didn't expect a new single, but what I did find is an awesome home made Christmas track. It may not be HD quality, but it's super fun. Check out Sonali's "All I Want For Christmas Is You."






Sonali is such a talented young woman! This cover is done in the stylings of Mariah Carey, who I also have a great love for. Sonali does an excellent job at making this a vocal triumph, able to slide around the scale with ease.

Usually, I don't really care about Christmas music, as evident by my major lack of Christmas related posts (and the fact that it says Xmas in the name), but there are a few songs that really get me into the spirit and this is one. I am so glad that she chose this song to cover, and that she brought new life into a old song. So many times I've heard people cover songs and destroy them, but that is certainly not the case here.

Give it a listen and get into the holiday mood. There will be more  (sort of ) Christmas posts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment