Monday, December 8, 2014

RuPaul's Drag Race Season Seven Cast Reactions

It's that time again. RuPaul's Drag Race has announced it's cast and it's time for me to judge all of them! Bwahahah! Anyway, this years queens are a bit of a grab-bag of nonsense. I hope that it's just the promos that are making them look kinda drab (think season five) and that they can really step it up when the time comes. There's only a couple that I'm really gunning for pre-show, but who knows? Editing can really change our opinions, no

Let's get readin'!




Get More: Logo TV

(Lots of reading under the cut. For the full cast interview videos click here)


Violet Chachki is annoying. She over explains everything and doesn't really look all that polished. She seems like she might be one of the "Throw Away" queens. Tragic.

Trixie Mattel
really impressed me with photos of her stuff in the past, but her look here really has me concerned. I like her attitude, though. She says her looks are unique, but time will tell if she's truly unique. I also love her favorite song, "'Cause I'm A Blond" by Julie Brown. Yaas!

Tempest Dujour looks so busted here! I was expecting so much more from her, but this hair, this dress, and this.... I don't even know. She came across very flat, and her one saving grace was that she loves the Real Housewives. Gurl come visit me. We'll have a party every Sunday and every Tuesday.

Pearl is really boring. She thinks she is the next Sharon Needles, but she doesn't have the right attitude to achieve that level. She comes out looking busted and saying that she does a great plastic surgery victim (like Sharon, remember?) and she says she's so creative. Well why didn't we see that? Gurl please. Next.

Mrs. Kasha Davis is the only one I knew before hand. She has some great comedic timing and a great voice. She is probably my favorite pre-show. She obviously is putting on a persona, but she sticks to it, and she really does get how to deliver a joke.Plus, I like her makeup and dress. Go for that crown, gurl.

Miss Fame was the first one ruvealed pre-ruveal show. She is much more poised than she looks. I can see why she is so popular. Her name really reminds me of Princess, which hurt her in the end, so I hope that doesn't happen to her.  She definitely looks better than her sense of humor.

Max is really weird. Like beyond Sharon Needles. Beyond even Alaska. Beyond Milk. She looks like she's trying way too hard. She says she's from Oz and I don't mean the gay-sex prison. I didn't really laugh at her because I was too confused. I mean... Lord.

Kennedy Davenport is a southern belle! She is a Davenport. I wonder if there's a relation to Sahara. She reminds me of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I really get a good vibe from her, like she's going to be the sneak-in winner much like Jinkx was for most of her season. I've got good vibes about her. Let's hope she stays ladylike throughout.

Katya starts things off by speaking Russian. Nope, gurl. Nope. You's from Boston. Speak Boston. She looks a huge mess. I love this kind of drag -- the white trash style. I hope that she lasts longer than the others who've done this same style (who mostly go home early) because she is legitimately funny, and she looks pretty fierce. #TeamKatya

Kandy Ho was an obvious choice. I mean, much like Sahara sporting Manila's stuff only to see her on the next season, April was wearing Kandy's stuff last year. Anyway, I can't stand her makeup. She speaks English better than any PR queen so far. Really wasn't feeling her what-so-ever. Maybe she'll amp it up on the show.

Jasmine Masters was another pre-show revelead queen. I liked her look in the still, but once she opens her mouth, she just kind of goes down hill. She's not offensive or anything, but her voice is kind of harsh, and her look is a bit busted. I like her attitude, though, and I love her personality as a whole. Plus she likes the Golden Girls, hunty! I hope she steps it up during the show. I don't want her to be one of the "throw-away" queens.

Jaidynn Diore Fierce is awkward. Part of me completely loves her and another part of me feels like she's trying waaaaay too hard. I mean she's got Fierce in her name. #Awkward. But she's from Play Dance Bar, which is an amazing place, and I loooove Nashville, so I can't be hatin on this lady. She's got some good comedic timing. Let's just hope she doesn't end up portrayed like Laganja was.

Ginger Minj has my least favorite name of them all. It's about vaginas. 'Cmon lady. We're gay. Stop that. She fell in the middle as far as personality, meaning she wasn't too boring or idiotic, but she really didn't stand out in a positive way either. We will see what she does on the show, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment