Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sorry I Missed It - Sonali Releases "Wake Up" EP

In the entire history of all the "Sorry I Missed It"s, this is probably one of the biggest. I have known about this artist for a while now, spanning from her viral YouTube video of Diamonds by Rihanna that got her famous in the first place, but it seems like I have such bad timing with her. But no more! I hereby pledge to spread the word that her EP has been released... Well it was back in February.



This EP is like a breath of fresh air. In a world that is filled to max capacity with artists popping up and sounding exactly the same, it is rare to see someone that feels so genuine. Is the sound new? No. Is it something we don't have enough of in today's musical world? Certainly. This singer-songwriter style has fallen back in popularity in the past ten years, and it's about time we bring it back.

Of the entire batch, I really like "Who We Are", as it really catches that feeling from days past; a song about something other than partying, and it does it with a nice mid-tempo acoustic guitar vibe. There are other elements sprinkled throughout, such as the banjo's that fill in gaps for "Wake Up", and the fantastic drums featured in "Find Your Way". All of these elements come together to make one complete thought, and I'm sure that is what she was going for.

I can't explain why I love Sonali so much. She seems to have a different take on how music should be, and I think in a world with artists like Lorde rising to the top of the charts, that this might just be what makes her a star. She looks great. She sounds great. And she's pro-LGBT (seriously, watch the "Who We Are" video below). I really like the direction she's going in.

She has been pushing "Wake Up" as the new single recently, and she's done a live video along with it, proving that she can sing well live, and play guitar too. Did I mention how adorable she is?

Anyway, check out her new EP on iTunes. Check out the incredibly touching and beautiful video for "Who We Are" below.


No comments:

Post a Comment