Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Marina And The Diamonds Release New Track

It's been a while, Marina. I was first introduced to this fine lady way back when a group of bloggers headed by Vertigo Shtick, and it was he who pointed out to me that she was back. Sometimes things come full circle, right? Well anyway, Marina and the Diamonds has made their return with the new track "Froot".




I have to say that this track is so very catchy. "Froot" feels to be much more lighthearted than her initial releases such as "How To Be A Heartbreaker". Sure it has it's dark tinges, it wouldn't be a Marina track without that vibe, but she's not talking about systematically destroying people's relationships and lives via sexual conquest, so I have to say this is a nice turn of direction.

Along those lines, I would have to say it's so nice to hear from her again. And I mean that literally, too. Once you have heard a track or two from this act, you'll be able to spot one of their tracks from a mile away. Whether it's Marina's deep, melodic voice, or the dark-yet-airy back track, it's easy to tell this is a Marina and the Diamonds song. If I really had to pick anything to complain about, all I could come up with is that it's five and a half minutes. Maybe it should have been shaved down to four minutes, as the end drags on when we hear the chorus for the five hundredth time.

It's unclear yet if this is a full revitalization of the project. The only iTunes action we've had recently was a remix package that landed in 2013. Just because this is up on SoundCloud doesn't mean it's her new single. She spent some time last year releasing a few songs on this medium, including a song with Charli XCX that never made it as an official single. I for one hope this one gets the video treatment and some real promotion behind it. We could really have another hit on our hands if it did.

1 comment:

  1. Sound is interesting. I think more interesting things will come soon on your blog. I will wait for this. I am fan of your blog. Please update your blog so that i get more important info.

    ReplyDelete