Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Far East Movement Is Back With Bangin' EP

It's been a while since Far East Movement popped up on my radar. I've been in love with the entire Cherrytree lineup since their early days, and Far East Movement has always been one I've kept in mind when it comes time to find some new music. Lucky for me, Twitter has blown up with fans freaking out about this release, so you bet your ass I saw it, too! Check out KTown Riot.


I can honestly say I've never been a fan of rap in the past, but this genre of fusing dance with rap is really infectious. I guess it was CAZWELL that won me over in that department, but I'm not stopping there. With this newer style expanding, I think these boys are definitely on the forefront and leading the way, especially since they've had major radio play in the past which has granted them a larger fanbase.

I picked up this EP for a variety of reasons, and the number one reason has to be "Bang It To The Curb". This song is by far the shining star of this release. The wonky beat along with it's amazing chorus that is easy to sing along with and it's fun raps filling the gaps in the verses, this is definitely the track they need for a single. The vocals are actually done by Sidney Samson, who goes uncredited for the song as far as iTunes is concerned.

This release actually features a lot of, well, features. We have a ton of new names popping up to shine in the light along with the boys. We have ScHool Boy Q, YG, Fingazz, and Sha Sha Jones to name a few. I find it a bit strange that such a small release has features on literally every song, but with an EP that I don't feel the need to skip even one track, I guess I can say it worked out for the best that way. I really would like to see them shine on their own, though, especially since it's been a while since their last big release.

"KTown Riot" is exactly what fans of Far East Movement have been waiting for. This release is a good sign that they aren't giving up and reassures their fans that more is definitely on the way. Now when are we gonna get another album, boys?

Be sure and pick up the EP on iTunes. It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment