Thursday, August 22, 2013

Alyssa Edwards Has Still Got Secrets

In a world were internet shows come and go more quickly than you can click a link to watch them, it's nice to see that one show I actually have been enjoying has stuck around. I know I've already posted about this recently, but I feel like I need to reiterate -- Alyssa Edwards is amazing. There. I said it. Check out another amazingly funny video she's got as part of her "Alyssa's Secret" video webseries.



The blog has been awfully focused on music and housewives lately that I thought I'd remind you all (well most of you) of how you got here in the first place. Ok, so to be fair that have been a lot of drag/trans posts in the past couple of weeks, but this one is not music related, so that counts right? I just wanted to post about Alyssa Edwards, Ok!? Stop judging me!

Anyway, it is a relief to see that at least one of my drag favorites still has a show. While it may not be as hilarious as Willam's Beatdown, it still has a charm to it that only Alyssa could deliver. She seems to go into all of these gigs unscripted, and rambles on and on about whatever topic they throw at her that week. And here's the catch -- she's always hilarious! I don't even know if the funny is intentional, which is what gets most of my laughs. Most of the time she seems so completely serious that it's hard to tell if she's playing a character, or if she's just spacey.

I'll take her either way.

This particular episode had me rolling. It was all about sex in drag. Contrary to what many might think, most queens, or at least those I've come into contact with, aren't really into sex in drag. Alyssa hits the nail on the head with an intriguing story about being the prettiest girl in the room. She even goes as far as to say you better not come to her house empty handed. And no, they didn't edit out the prostitution joke. Sorry bout it.

Be sure to check out all her other hilarious videos and keep this diva on the air. Well, the internet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment