Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sorry I Missed It - Courtney Janae "Accelerate"

It's been a while since I've done a "Sorry I Missed It" segment. Not really because I've been staying on top of things, more because I keep forgetting this segment even exists. Luckily for Courtney, I was reminded, so now I can go back and highlight this amazing track and video. Wanna check it out? Well here it is.



Fist off, I love this song. The track was brought to my attention a while back, and it has been a steady playlist regular since. It's beat is slower and pulsating, but it doesn't feel like a ballad or a slow song of any sort. Instead, the steadily pounding beat gives it a hard driving force that I haven't heard pulled off well since Queen's "We Will Rock You".

This song is actually one of the four songs from her EP, Uncovered, which came out in the last quarter of 2012. The video is from around the same time, making this an almost year long miss. The song may actually be familiar to some, as it was featured on the wildly popular Oxygen Channel Show Bad Girls Club, known for featuring tons of talented indie artists and getting may new vocalists exposure.

The video itself is another story. It's a tribute to the classic scifi movie Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome. Visually the video looks amazing. Unfortunately due to the fact that it's going on ideas that have been done over and over since the 80s, it feels very dated and cheesy. I love the scenes of her and her gang driving down the highway on motorcycles, but the scenes with them fighting in the biker bar were a bit too much. I can say that the video is incredibly well done and polished looking, making her stand out much further than artists of her caliber.

You can pick up "Accelerate" on her EP Uncovered on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment