Thursday, August 30, 2012

Veronicas Release New "Lolita" Video

The Veronicas have done it again. Just when I thought their new single "Lolita" couldn't get any better, they go and release an epic video for it and I fall in love all over again. This time around they are taking no prisoners -- and they look freaking hot doing it. Check out the brand new video below.


THE VERONICAS "LOLITA" from Spencer Susser on Vimeo.

This song is pretty much my anthem to my readers. "Always stay close to me. Don't think of leaving."

Psychotic tendencies aside, the video is amazing. It starts off slow, revealing both girls separately with their own legion of masked followers with guns stalking their every move. Soon enough the two meet up and the mayhem begins! They unleash gunfire upon a creature that looked like it was stolen from the set of the last Alien movie.

Yeah, it gets weird.

Despite this, I love the video quite a bit, milk baths and all. It's bringing back the style of videos I love -- the ones with just enough plot to be intriguing while not taking over the entire project (get the hint Lady Gaga?). The plot may not have all that much to do with the song, but at least it's entertaining and visually stunning. I'd say the Veronicas did a good job this go around.

Oh and did you know the song is now on US iTunes? Any idea what I'll be choosing for Song of the Week this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment