Monday, August 6, 2012

Drag Race All Stars Cast Revealed

I am speechless. Therefore, I must use the words of someone far wiser than me. "Bring back my girls -- my best girls." But then again "best" may not have been the word I would have used.


That is right! The cast for the first season of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars has been revealed. It turns out that leak was legit (I don't report on leaks for -- err -- morality reasons), and I have to say that 80% of the selections were so obvious that Logo and World of Wonder might have been boycotted faster than Chic-Fil-A had they not included them. Some of the others, however, are pretty shocking to see on the list.

The official list of girls are:

Chad Michaels
Yara Sofia
Pandora Boxx
Jujubee
Nina Flowers
Mimi Imfurst
Manila Luzon
Shannel
Alexis Mateo
Tammie Brown
Raven
Latrice Royale

Most of these queens have a big following. Willam is notably missing (and even he is getting tired of people complaining he isn't on the show) as well as Shangela, who many speculated to be included. Maybe she'll pop out of a box at the start of the season. Who knows?

I am quite excited for this to get under way, but I have something I need to say quickly. Many people are talking some serious crap about both Tammie and Mimi. Saying things like "They don't deserve to be there" is terrible. No, Mimi didn't rig the voting contest, and no Tammie isn't "bad drag". It can't be all fish all the time! But seriously, this season is not just about fan favorites, but about people being able to redeem themselves and show that they are good performers. Both Mimi and Tammie left under bad circumstances and neither had the opportunity to truly shine.

That being said does anybody have any idea why Alexis is there?

And that was a joke.

1 comment:

  1. BAM! I cant wait for the show to start! I am just happy we get a "bonus" season of my favorite show! I too will miss Willam! I love your idea of Shangela suprisingly coming back or even Porkchop Parker, loved her!

    ReplyDelete