Friday, August 3, 2012

The Beauty That Is "CinderFella"

I know, I know. I am always late to the party. This video hasn't been out too long, but everybody and their brother is freaking out about it. All I was hearing was "this American Idol guy" made a "gay music video." Well I finally watched it and -- wait why did nobody tell me this had Willam in it?



Todrick Hall was a contestant on the 2010 season of American Idol. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't remember him (I mean I don't because I haven't watched that show since the first season), mostly because he was eliminated when they were still sending people home in groups of four. I guess somebody took notice of his talents because he fell out of the sky and swooped everybody's favorite gay (?) Disney Prince (???) off his feet.

Oh and the prince is freaking Lance Bass. Did I mention he was my first boy crush?

The video has a ton of cameos including Willam and Shangela, fan favorite contestants from Ru Paul's Drag Race, as well as Ru's right hand lady Michelle Visage. I instantly flipped out when two of my pop idols, Kimberly Cole and Aubrey O'Day appeared on the same screen, dancing and singing together. And then of course there is Prince Lance.

The video follows the basic story of Cinderella, only with a gay little twist. He is kept from going to the ball, and is visited by his sassy fairy godmother to spruce him up and win the man. The video is just over six and a half minutes long, and the song is undeniably cute. It really does feel like a Disney movie both audibly and visually, making it every little gay boy's dream come true to finally have a prince that he can aspire to steal from some undeserving bitch that had him first (Sorry Todrick! Actually, I had plans as a kid to steal Beast from Belle. I have issues. Moving on.).

The audio version is not up yet on iTunes, and people are about to riot until it is. Todrick has a great voice and I am very glad that he is continuing on his musical journey. I could easily watch this video over and over and over again. Did I mention Lance Bass makes an amazing prince? I did? Well I guess I've repeated myself enough.

Also Willam.

No comments:

Post a Comment