Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Cristal Snow Video Ends With Vague News

I continue to be incredibly delusional and say that I will only be talking about music in the United States. But with the incredible website that is YouTube, worldwide music is becoming more and more accessible to people in the US. For this reason, I find it acceptable that I gush on how much I love Cristal Snow for a moment. Check out his new music video.




When Cristal announced on Facebook he would be doing one last video for his Wicked album, I didn't give it much thought. Sure I was excited to see it, but I didn't think it was going to be as big a deal as it was. As usual, I was proven wrong and taken back by exactly what I saw.

"In order for something new to begin, you must bury the past."

In this video for the orchestral version of his amazing track "Venom", not a lot really happens throughout the bulk. He is standing still, or laying still, singing along with his lyrics. It is only towards the end that things really take a turn, where he is dragged off, wrapped up in plastic, and thrown into a hole to be buried alive. In an odd M. Night Shyamalan twist ending, it's revealed he is the one who killed himself. We are left with the words "Cristal Snow is dead. Resurrection. Fall 2012."

It looks like Cristal is about to undergo a major change. It's not clear if this is a stylistic change or something deeper, but you can bet I will do my best to find out exactly what is going on. It is my job after all!

1 comment:

  1. Cristal Snow is a genius. I cannot wait for what he's planning :)
    Great video btw.

    ReplyDelete