Monday, August 13, 2012

Song of the Week - Live In This City

You know what? Don't judge me. I'll stop picking Dragonette songs as Song of the Week when they stop making good music. Which will be NEVER. "Live In This City" is this week's point.


I can't get enough of this band. These Canadians have had two amazing albums so far, and all the single from the new one so far have been phenomenal. Their style is a mix of rock, pop, and electronic, not sticking to one genre for very long but always managing to stay true to themselves. I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but if you've listened to Dragonette before, you know what I mean.

This song in particular is a bit more poppy than what fans may be used to, but that doesn't mean it's not awesome. The song describes a city that the group has come to love, and can't live without. According to them, the city can't live without them, either. I know one thing is for sure, I'm not sure I could live in the pop world without Dragonette. The new album "Bodyparts" drops September 24, right with No Doubt's new album. It will be a pretty interesting battle to see who wins my heart -- I mean the charts, of course.

Buy the song on iTunes or be forever labeled a hipster!

No comments:

Post a Comment