Monday, August 20, 2012

Song of the Week - Sharpshooter

I know, I know. This week's song goes back a bit. This song was released the first week of August, but I just found out about it and I wanted to be sure it was talked about before it was too late! Like a gift from the heavens (or a newsletter I signed up for, whatever), this song came to me. Behold: Ugly Kids Club "Sharpshooter".


My first exposure to this group and their amazing single was via the video for this song. It was very artsy, and despite obviously being on a budget, it looks phenomenal. The song is very heavily synth, but it doesn't fall prey to many of the indie electronic cliches set up by their forefathers. Instead, they trudge ahead with edgy vocals that shift from light and airy in the verses to heavy and rock inspired in the chorus.  The song has a great mix of the two group members, Aliegh and Steve, as they each sing parts of the song and bounce off of each other very well.

The two hail from Nashville, a place quickly becoming famous for much more than country music, and they are proud of that fact. This release is apparently the first in a string of singles that will each have their own music video dropping each month for the next six months. That is half a year of new Ugly Kids Club. Now that they've made me a fan with this track, I am incredibly pumped!

You can get the track for yourself on iTunes! Support your favorite artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment