Monday, March 2, 2015

RuPaul Preps For Season Seven, New Untucked, And Realness

It looks like Ru wasn't kidding when he said things were about to change. It looks like this year is a total revamp to pretty much everything, including a whole new approach to Untucked, and a brand spankin' new album. It all kicks off tonight (and tomorrow, for Untucked), so you better start your engines, because in a couple months the best woman will win. Ok, so that reference didn't really work.


This is honestly my favorite RuPaul album since he first started out. It is so disco-centric but still remains current. It has everything you could ask from Ru, and it sounds so much more fuller and richer than albums in the past. I won't get into too many details on my thoughts for this, as my full review will turn up in a familiar place here in a few weeks, but I can say that I am GAGGED by the fact that we finally get to hear the full version of "Color Me Love" with Rebecca Romijn, one of his fellow judges on the fabulous reality competition series Skin Wars. They previewed the track at the reunion special, but this is the first time it's been shown in it's full beauty.

For those of you who are spoil-sports, Logo had the first episode of Drag Race up for grabs on their site before the premier. This was probably due to them having a mini tour this week to premier the show in various LGBT cities across the country, therefor creating a lot of spoilers online. I have managed to avoid all spoilers of the first episode, so don't you go ruining it for me!

There have been a couple more "sneak peek" looks at the new Untucked since I last posted. To be honest, it looks like the quality took a big step down from the previous seasons, and every clip they've played has been boring . Untucked used to be the go-to place for drama in the show. If it wasn't dealt with in the work room or on the main stage, they would bring it up in that Interior Illusions Lounge and go at it! The clips so far have been tame. I hope they don't have a season of queens who are all BFFs. Don't get me wrong, the Bianca/Courtney/Adore love triangle is adorable as hell, but without Darienne Lake, everything would have been boring as hell.

Lastly, if you head on over to Drag Queen Magazine, you can see my super shady review of the Covergurlz 2 album. No, I'm not a fan, but I think it could be a good read, anyway! Also be sure and check out the other interviews and fabulous reviews by my colleges in the magazine!

For those curious, I will be reviewing RuPaul's Drag Race season seven right here every Tuesday. The first episode, due to prior commitments, will start up on Wednesday, pushing Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' weekly review back to Thursday. The two will return to their normal time slots starting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment