Saturday, March 21, 2015

Quigley (Finally) Returns With Single + EP Preorder

Words cannot express how excited I am right now. I have been stalking Quigley on Facebook for ages. Back in the dark days of Frankmusik being Vincent Did It, he helped out a sweet young girl get her music career going. One EP later and she already fell off the face of the earth. Luckily, she didn't give up entirely, and is back with a new quirky track for you to take in. Get into "Post Apocalypse".





I am madly in love with this song. It is such a fun go, and it's exactly the artist I remember from her debut EP. The song uses a strange mix of back beats and her own electronically enhanced scatting to create the background. Layer her airy Kerli-esque voice on top of this already outlandish song, and you have something that you've not heard before. Anywhere.

And the song is not the only thing she's snuck out. With a little more digging, I found out that her second EP is coming out quick. May 8 (according to this Amazon listing) her next EP will be out for us all to enjoy. And when you can preview 30 seconds of each of the five tracks, it becomes magical. The EP is titled Initium and judging by the previews, it may just be my favorite EP to come out this year (I know, its not even half way over, but let me fanboy here!).

There is so much more to be discovered about Quigley, and I believe that this song will open a lot of doors for her, and show the world that she can run along side the other artists in today's spotlight. Move over, Lorde, we have Quigley, and she's about to deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment