Sunday, March 8, 2015

Laganja Estranja Wants You To See Her Legs

Oh. Lord. We all know I've recently fallen in love with Lagnja Estranja, but I never really saw her as a musical queen. Then again, most of the queens who have released songs I have never seen as musical queens. Oh well. Anyway, Laganja has come out with a single called "Legs", and it's about, well, her legs.


Let me start by saying I do not hat Laganja, nor do I exactly hate this song. The song, for what it is, is a pretty fun jam. That being said, when you compare it to people who have fully focused on music as their career. Ms. Estranja-Edwards really had a lot of fun making this song, and that's gotta count for something.

On the positive notes, the beat is killer. Whoever composed this track really knew what they were doing. It's fun, it's dancable, and it is a true club banger. I also really enjoyed Rye Rye in the song, as she is an experienced rapper and obviously knows her way around the recording booth.

On the less than positive notes, I really believe that Laganja has a long way to go as both a singer and a rapper. She sort of falls flat in both areas, leaving a lot more to be desired. The lyrics are hilarious and totally her oddball style of comedy, but the delivery is really strange, and doesn't fit with the more hardcore feel the beat lays down.

Although it's not quite on the same level as some of her fellow sisters, she really did put a lot more effort into this release than her previous entries. I think a fun polished video to accompany this would really make it take off. She's got people looking at her, whether it's fans or haters, and with that many eyes, something great is bound to happen. Good luck to ya mamma.

And I hope you all read that last line in Laganja's voice!

Grab the song today on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment