Sunday, May 5, 2013

Manila Luzon's "Hot Couture" Hits One Million

Seriously, how is this not huge news? I mean people made a huge deal about Juju passing up Ru herself in Facebook fans, but nobody's gonna congratulate one of the first Drag Race ladies to reach one million hits on YouTube? For shame. Well here at Taking Over The Universe, we NEVER forget our favorite (and not just favorite runner up, either), Manila Luzon!



You know what I really like about this video? It's all about Manila. It's not about the hot backup dancers. It's not about the cameos (remember, at the time we only knew Jiggly's name, not how she was going to be portrayed on the show). It's not about Drag Race. It's just about Manila and how fabulous she is. I think that might be what boosted this video to such heights in just over a year. You can also attribute the fact that this video is of AMAZING quality, and I did a pretty dope review of it, too.

Ok, so Willam has beaten her three times over, but when you divide that by three (for Detox of season five and Vickie who is obviously top pick for season six) it sort of evens out. Don't let that deter you from seeing how big of a deal this is. Just consider how many girls from the show are making music. As seen in last week's recap episode, there are literally too many to name. Then again, maybe I'm just a huge fan of hers. This is her best track so far, but I'd be willing to bet she isn't gonna stop any time soon. Three singles in one year is impressive, nonetheless.

As always, you can snag this track on iTunes to help support our queen even more. Oh, and tip a bitch.

2 comments:

  1. It's also a huge deal that it's the first ORIGINAL single from Drag Racer. That's quite the feat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote to the designer regarding my concerns about the size and he was so helpful to me. I will recommend this designer and this beautiful dress to everyone.

    ReplyDelete