Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dina Delicious Stuns With New Song

I may have missed out on Dina Delicious's debut sexy track "Bubble Wrap", but I will not be missing this hot piece of musical action. This time around, it may not be an original track, but it's just as catchy, and breathes new life into a classic 80s track. "Two Of Hearts" has new life in Dina, and she's ready to shine with it.


It's rare that I do covers as a part of TOTU -- especially after I disbanded my recurring segment about covers specifically -- but I really like this artist, and her new spin on the song is so pleasing to the ears that I can't pass it up. "Two Of Hearts" was originally recorded by the one and only Stacey Q, the epitome of 80s pop. Dina has chosen this song to rise out of the ashes and make it her own.

Others have covered the song before, hell even Kelly Osbourne gave it a go, but I find her version to be the most refreshing. By this I mean that it keeps the core feeling of being an 80s track, but updating it to what it would sound like today. It features heavy industrial and dub step influences, as well as modern day electro-pop while still managing to have the core feeling of being from another time. This is why, if nothing else, she deserves to be commended.

The release of this track is not going unnoticed, either. Due to this song being a huge deal compounded on top of the fact that her last single was insane, she has already been confirmed for several big gigs. This diva will be performing at both Queens Pride on June 2nd and NYC Pridefest on June 30th. Now if only I lived in New York. Oh well. Be sure to give the midwest some love after you explode into stardom, dear. Oh, and don't forget we need a hot video for this one!

The track is up on iTunes for your grabbing. It comes paired with a sick remix by Richie Beretta for extra 80s deliciousness. Pun intended. Definitely.

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this! Dina made this awesome song all her own!

    ReplyDelete