Thursday, October 31, 2013

Young London Kicks It Up With New Single

To say that I've been lacking on my Young London updates for you all is an understatement. I missed their last album, and the last video they put out got deleted (mysteriously) from YouTube before I was able to put up a story on it. Thankfully, Sarah and Matt never stop, and they have released a new single for me to ramble on about. Let's check out "Take A Chance".


I don't know if I could ever listen to a Young London song I don't instantly fall in love with. This track in particular, contrary to my initial thought of it being an ABBA cover, is no different. I actually kind of like this song more than the previous YL tracks, because I'm a huge Sarah fan, and she takes control for most of this song. As highly involved as Matt is in the production of the tracks, it's nice to see Sarah take the spotlight now and again.

This is another new song that is not from their previous album Instincts. Young London fans and I are hoping that this is the entry into a new period for them. For an indie band, they pump out music quickly, making this the beginning of their third venture in the short three years they have been active.

"Take A Chance" is a fun electropop romp through the new vibe of Young London. It mixes in a beautiful piano piece, making it feel much more two dimensional than things you would hear on today's radio. The lyrics are not explicitly clear on what they mean, but from what I gather, this song is about taking a chance on love. Go figure.

You can grab the track on iTunes. It's only 99cents. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

1 comment:

  1. I've been jamming to this track since I got it via their Kickstarter campaign. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete