Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kevin Mikal Drops Yummy New Video

I haven't had a chance to mention Kevin Mikal on the site before, I could give you a ton of excuses as to why, but you all know why this video is getting attention. It's got Willam. Oh, Willam. I mean, at least I didn't cover their song "Blurred Bynes", right? Check out "Candy Yum Yum"!



Ok, so it's not only because Willam is in it. I mean it's got Honey Mahogany (whom I interviewed! Yay me!) and the lovely boys of Gay of Thrones (if you haven't seen their hilarious take on hit TV Show Game of Thrones, check them out on Youtube!). Jokes aside, this song is pretty addicting. While it's not groundbreaking, it is fun and upbeat, which is something I always love posting about here on Taking Over The Universe.

The song is an over-sexualized metaphor using candy instead of, well, you know. It features Willam heavily as the "video ho", feeding Mikal all sorts of candy and looking stunning on her own. Kevin is very gorgeous, and likes to push the boundaries of masculine and feminine -- meaning he's completely ripped and "manly" but isn't afraid to wear half shirts and booty shorts. Honey Mahogany is only featured in one sequence, and Julian and Jonathan only pop up occasionally. I guess it can be difficult to fit in that many guest stars in as short a time as a music video.

This track comes from his EP Candy Yum Yum released in May of this year. It features four other equally fierce tracks that are worthy of any music collection. Pick it up today on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment