Thursday, October 31, 2013

Song of the Month - Adam Barta "Superficial"

I know, I know. I just did a post on this two days ago. So what? The song of the month is all about the best release (indie pop artists get priority) that was released this month. And go figure -- I'm in love with Adam Barta's new single "Superficial". No it's some cheesey Tan Mom track. This is a real single. And it's hot!


I have been waiting for this moment for literally years. It has been quite some time since Adam's last solo single "Q&A". He has been busy trying to create a buzz by making a song with nearly every psudo-famous person in the world (one of them was someone famous just for looking like Kim Kardashian. I mean c'mon!). Thankfully he's ready to step back out on his own, and "Superficial" is exactly the track he needs to do it.

"Superficial" is a fun electropop track that gets everyone dancing. This was made with club plays in mind, which isn't a bad route to go in this day and age. The track's lyrics give an interesting spin to the tradition views on life. Instead of being ashamed of being superficial, he is embracing it. He would rather be living life and being himself, happy and free, than "deep" and miserable. It's certianly not the common opinion, but it really does give an awesome look in from the other side, showing that everyone is entitled to be themselves.

I've already covered bases with the video, but I have to say two things once more. "Oh lordly that Rebecca Glasscock" and "Damnit, Adam! You still haven't hooked me up with that dancer!". I think that puts everything in order here.

You can grab the new track on iTunes! It's still climbing and we want this one to shoot right up the charts! Love it? Hate it? Love me!? Comment below and share, share, share!

1 comment:

  1. WWWS, What would Willam say? He'd love it. And Brandon Hilton!

    ReplyDelete