Monday, October 19, 2015

Robert Bartko Releases Fun And Funky New Single "The Breakdown"

If you're an avid reader of my blog, the name Bartko is probably familiar. That's because Sammie Bartko, who I covered both on the reality competition show Skin Wars and in her own music career, is married to Robert Bartko. Go figure. But Sammie isn't the only vocalist in that family, as Robert has had a long career in both writing and performing music, and "The Breakdown" is only a taste of what he has to offer.


Robert, in case you are still skeptical, has been writing and producing music for a long time. Most famously he has produced for the rock band Korn ("All In The Family", "A.D.I.D.A.S.", "Wicked"), but he has also put in a lot of writing work with other groups over the years. He occasionally and sporadically releases new music on his own, and quite frankly I cannot believe I am just now picking up on his positive vibes.

Positivity isn't the only vibes that are coming out from "The Breakdown", and by that I mean it's totally funky. Robert has a really smooth voice, and the bass-slapping beat that is accompanying him only make the song all that much more awesome. He has a very strong control over his falsetto, creating some memorable hooks. It really sounds like a classic 70s funk track, but with a fresh update to it. It's basically like a time warp for music.

Over the years he has released a lot of music, from pop to religious, and he really has shown us that he is multifaceted. I really wish I had picked this up earlier (again to repeat what I've already said), as he would have made an amazing addition to the site in it's formative years. Now that I've see what he can do, I will be on the lookout for more Bartko music (from either source, to be honest), and I doubt I'll be disappointed.

For now, grab the track on iTunes and spread the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment