Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bravolebs Say Work Out New York Has Been Postponed

After over a week of scrambling to find info on Bravo's new show Work Out New York, I came up mostly empty handed. Every website said it was going to premiere on August 18, but both my local cable provider as well as Bravo's official site didn't have the show listed on the schedule at all. So I took matters into my own hands and tracked down answers for myself. Turns out we have a bit of a wait.


I have gone through a lot of trouble to figure out what's going on. I sent out a lot of emails, tweeted half of the Bravoleb family, and even tried to message a few people on Facebook, but I wasn't really getting anywhere. Then, finally, like a ray of light, I got not one but two tweets back from WONY stars.

First was this:
Aug 16
Yea, they worked out a way to get us a slot during prime rating season. After New Years, so it airs in January.


Followed by this:
Aug 17
Yep! The show is actually airing later this year. Date TBD! Will let you guys know once I know more.

It seems the shows stars aren't all on the same page, but one thing is clear, the show isn't airing tonight. My best guess, given that they gave the time slot to Below Deck next week, is that the show will premier either during the finale of Below Deck or the week after it finishes. Either way it looks like WONY went from being a late summer show to an early-mid winter show. 

I have contacted Bravo's representatives, but as of this time they have not responded. No press release for the delay has been made official yet despite it being the so-called premiere day.

In slightly related news, given that the show has been pushed back, I am picking up Below Deck season three as my second late summer/fall show along with Steampunk'd. I will still be reviewing Work Out New York when it premiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment