Tuesday, June 30, 2015

More Bad News For Real Housewives Fans -- Nene Leakes Won't Be Returning To Atlanta

It looks like Beverly Hills isn't the only Bravo show undergoing a dramatic casting change. Late yesterday, People Magazine broke the news exclusively that Nene, the raining queen of the Atlanta installment of the Real Housewives franchise won't be coming back for season eight.


It's painful for me to say this, but it looks like Atlanta's first casting casualty is the HBIC herself. I don't know why she's leaving, in fact she hasn't said specifically any reason herself. It doesn't even seem like Bravo is willing to budge on the real reasons going on behind the scenes, but it's obvious that Nene won't be short of work any time soon. With her stage acting on Broadway, her television career, and her upcoming RHOA spinoff, she's going to be doing pretty well on her own.

Nene issued the following statement via her official Facebook page:

"This is so hard for me to type! I cry as I do so! After seven seasons, I am so grateful for all the love and laughs! I can confirm that I have decided not to return to RHOA for the eighth season. Thank you everyone that has watched and supported me over the years on this amazing platform! Special thanks to Andy Cohen, True Entertainment, & Bravo for giving me the opportunity to show the world Nene Leakes and sometimes give them NayNay. This has been such a big part of my life but I am excited for new beginnings that I will share with you soon. With lots of thoughts and prayer, I've decided to step out on faith and not fear. xoxo"

At this time we are still expecting Nene's spinoff show where she will be road tripping with fellow former RHOA co-star Kim Z. Nene has not yet announced any further career plans, but surely we will be seeing more of her in the near future. Nene was the last remaining original cast member for this installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment