Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sorry I Missed It - Kelly Mantle's "Eliminated" Video

I'll be totally honest with you. When the season was originally airing, I had no idea how big of a deal Kelly Mantle was. I thought she was far, FAR from the worst that season had to offer, but the odds weren't in her favor. Apparently she was a fan favorite before the show started, and it caused a big shock when she went home. Shows how detached I am from the RPDR community. Anyway, earlier this year she released a video and song about her experience -- and it's pretty good!





The entire song is about how Kelly was eliminated on day one. She starts in quick going through all the judges, reading them from top to bottom with Santino getting the most shade. So much happens in the four minutes that this video takes, including a lot of name drops (Kevin Bacon) and her Downton Abbey dress (more bacon!). The beat is hot and the quality is above par as far as RPDR tracks go.

I was really surprised to see Wendy Ho's name attached to the song. Bitches know I love me some Wendy. She serves as the hook ho here, and rightfully so because it's in her name. The rapping is done by Bownce. This is my first experience with him, but he did a very good job, and his rap actually fit within the context of the song, adding to the track instead of taking away or distracting. Tammie Brown pops up in the video, standing in for Wendy who tragically is not present during the video shoot.

This song was really cute and I wish I had noticed it back when. When contestants release stuff during the show, I often don't see them due to the extreme coverage of the show itself, but now that I've had the time to step back and look around, I can see that I missed one of the best songs to pop up from season six (No shade Adore!). It's fun. It's light. It's relevant.

"Don't you know who I think I am?"

That right there is my new catchphrase.

Be sure and check out the song on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment