Sunday, September 29, 2013

MYPHNH(BS) - The Decoration

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. Most of the time I don't find bands, they find me. This is exactly the case with The Decoration. Another Australian duo (damn, I love my Aussies!), these two found me on Twitter and weren't shy about introducing me to their music. And I'm damn glad they did!




I am madly in love with this duo right now. They have apparently been at this for a while (their first release was in 2007), but for some reason I'm just now hearing about them. Their newest single "There With You" is very cute and lighthearted, telling a tale of lovers who simply want to be near each other. Although this comes in a bit short clocking well under three minutes, it still leaves a lasting impression and has me wanting more.

The male/female vocal dynamic has always been a favorite of mine, from my childhood listening to Aqua, to my adulthood rocking out to Young London. The Decoration is made up of two Australian natives, Jake Bosci and Rhian Thomas, who are currently residing in Chattanooga, TN -- which is a hell of a lot closer to me! Haaay. Come play a show in St. Louis, okay? Anyway, they have been busy making music, and they are finally getting some recognition (no, not me having an ego, they actually have almost sixteen thousand views on this video).

Currently you can get their full discography on iTunes. I particularly recommend Me & My Mistakes, a fully acoustic EP that puts their vocals on the front display, and includes "There With You".

No comments:

Post a Comment