Sunday, September 15, 2013

An Important Update For TOTU

I come to you today addressing all of my readers not as a reporter or a comedian, as you probably have known me in the past, but as a person. I know that this site isn't the most important thing in the world, but I also know that many of you have come to rely on me for continual updates in both the independent pop music world, but also the LGBT community in general.

As you may have noticed, there has been a real lack of updates lately. June was a planned hiatus that I take every year, but the resulting time after has been a different story. Recently, my life has taken drastic turns, some better and some worse, which have resulted in less time to dedicate to this project. This website takes a lot of time in not only writing and planning, but also researching, contacting artists and management, and advertising. It was a huge undertaking even when I had the spare time to do it all, and now that my free time is dwindling, I feel that the site is going to suffer.

What I can say is there is a positive side. I've reduced my old goal of five posts a week to three. These will be less fluff and more quality about not only new and exciting artists, but also those who you've come to know and love either via TOTU or your own discovery. I will be resuming my Real Housewives review with a triple play later this week to get caught up to the current episode, and will resume my weekly reviews. I also will not be dropping RuPaul's Drag Race from my list of shows to cover. I will also be dedicating time to selecting the perfect choices for Song of the Month, and we will still have Universal Conquest Awards in December. This year I have even more curve balls for you all.

I'd like to also take a moment to once again recognize everyone who's helped me along the way. I've had far too much support, far too many favors called in for me, and beyond far too many artists personally thank me for all I've done for them to give up now. This is not the end of Taking Over The Universe. It's merely a new chapter in the continuing saga. Writing is my passion and I won't be giving it up any time soon. I simply hope my readers can stick it out, and my friends can help me keep my head held high during this rough patch in my personal life. My numbers have grown so much over the years, and I've had so many opportunities arise from what started as a way for me to express my eclectic taste in music.

YOU are the reason I'm not giving up so easily. YOU the reader. YOU the artist. YOU the friend. Thank YOU from the bottom of my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment