Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mimi Imfurst Goes Solo With New Single

Mimi is back! She may not be with her gals in XELLE any longer (for reasons not exactly stated), but she has gone solo and is making it completely on her own. I mean, she did have a rather successful comedy act, but this is a song. Songs are my thing. Thus, we will talk about Mimi again. With love.



It goes without saying that this is a parody of the disco classic "I Will Survive" by diva Gloria Gaynor, but it really ended up being something more. The song has a lot going for it, but sadly it has a lot going against it, too. Let's say that Mimi is certainly not a singer, but I think she knows it. The song isn't about the vocals -- it's about the jokes, damn if she doesn't have plenty of them.

The plot of the song is pretty much a botched hookup. The guy promised her ten inches (yeah, that kinda ten inches), but only showed up with five, or four, or three, or even two. The running gag is that every time she sees his member, it gets smaller. The similes in the writing are really what top the cake here. Every line in this song had me rolling.

What I didn't like was that the video was more polished than the song. The video looks amazing, and yes I did rewind to see those hot tub boys make out a couple of times. The track, however, is not as top notch. It's one thing when a good song has a lackluster video -- you can still jam to it in your car, but when you have to watch a video in order to "truly" enjoy a song, that's where things start to sway in the direction of bad.

"Another Lie" is a solid first attempt for a comedy track. While I may not have enjoyed it as much as other funny queens releasing parodies, I can say that it being to the tune of such an iconic song, it will definitely earn her some brownie points. If I know Mimi, this is only a taste of what she wants to bring to the table. Maybe next time we'll get an original out of her. Imagine that, my friends!

The track is up for grabs on iTunes now!

No comments:

Post a Comment