Friday, September 20, 2013

Hyper Crush Gets Wet With "Rage" Video

I seriously think it's impossible for me to go very long without talking about Hyper Crush. Even with the limited time I've had lately, I've been keeping my eye out for this gem, as they've been promising it for a while now. Thank the heavens it is now been revealed. Mostly because I get to see Preston again. Shirtless. And wet. Let's move on before I embarrass myself.




What can I say about this video? It may not be their best effort for a clip, but I have to say they really look like they had a damn good time making this. Filmed in scenic Holly's back yard (is she loaded or what!?), the trio are hosts to a pool party where things get a little crazy, and more than once. We have a lot of diving, a lot of wet boobs, and a few cute boys thrown into the mix.

The thing that set me off a bit about this video is the product placement. We see Slurpee logos for 7/11 all throughout the video, and as one clever YouTube commenter noticed, they even tossed in some Flaming Hot Cheetos. But that's about it. No really, that is the only negative thing I have to say here. The video was on par with the song, and pretty much what I'd expected from the track. It wasn't something as crazy as "Bad Boyz" or as sleek and polished as "Visions of Coleco" but it works for what it is.

On the plus side, they have also announced a release date for their new album Vertigo. It will be out October 15, 2013. You can preorder it and check out the track listing now on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment