Friday, May 8, 2015

Fourth Anniversary Celebration + Upcoming Big Announcement

Holy crap. It's been four years now. Taking Over The Universe has been such a big part of my life, and I am so excited that I have been able to share my thoughts and opinions through the blogging medium. I have had such a huge outpouring of love, especially after the big return back in October. I have been making huge strides forward to bring you all the best news and the best interviews I can.

I know a lot of you have probably noticed a lack in posts, both quantity and interview wise, but I do have some excuses for that. First off, I have been working for a magazine lately, and they have featured my most recent interview. If you haven't read it, I was able to speak with Miss Fame about her pre-Drag Race life. Every month I have been contributing the the magazine, and it is something I really, really believe in. It has been a great way for me to gush over drag queens without overloading the site.

Now, however, I have taken on a second project aside from the website, and I am almost ready to reveal the details, but not quite yet. I will say that it is not a new website, but it is something that you are going to want to pay attention too. It will be far more interactive than TOTU is, and it will be in the same vein of music, TV, and drag.

Is that enough of a hint? Well, if not, then how about this? I'll give you the initials: F.B.P.

Before I sign off for the day, I would just like to thank a few people. I would like to thank Michael Vise, my biggest fan. He's always supporting the site and reposting everything on Facebook. I would also like to thank Adam Barta and Jared Jones for always being there for TOTU and giving great advice. Charlie Mason and the whole crew of LaFamos, thank you for giving me the heads up on countless amazing new artists. Big thanks to Sheena Rose and her hubby for having me as part of the Drag Queen Magazine Staff. I would Liz Primo, Miss Fame, Andrew W.K., Angelo Garcia, Banig, Bentley Jones, XELLE, Gear, Nicole Hayes, and anybody else I have interviewed and stayed in contact with, as well as those who I haven't had the chance to interview, but have still been supportive like Cherie Lily. Lastly I have to thank Pollo Del Mar, who gave me that first push to jump into the journalism game and encouraged me to always strive for that next interview. I would be nowhere near where I am today without you , mamma.  If I missed anybody, I am sorry, but you know you're all appreciated.

Most of all, thank YOU for reading. I hope that you continue to support the site, and I hope that my new project is just as much of a success. Keep your eyes on this space for updates on what's to come!

UPDATE

 

Like our new Facebook Fanpage!

 

Screw it. I'm going to go ahead and update this thing and get it over with. It's my fourth anniversary so I can do whatever I want. The new project is a podcast that I am slating for fall of this year. The podcast is called Famous By Proxy and it will be the website personified. There is only so much I can express via text, and many of my jokes can get lost in the way. Also, I would love for everyone to hear these talented people I interview speak in their own voice. Basically, it's going to be over the top, and everything readers of this site will want.


Keep watching this space, as well as our new Facebook page and upcoming dedicated blog. We will be launching a Kickstarter next month to give everyone a chance to be part of the experience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment