Friday, April 10, 2015

Pandora Boxx Invites You To A Unicorn Party In New Single + Video

Everybody knows that I love Pandora Boxx. I interviewed her once upon a time, and I've been cyber stalking her ever since. Well she's dropped a new music video and single to entertain her fans, and needless to say, I'm all over it! Let's take a look at "Unicorn".






I'm not sure what the hell I just watched. Don't get me wrong, I love Pandora so, so much, but I've never seen so much green screening and awkward costuming in my life. Not Pandora, all of her outfits were fantastic (and I could look at her as Unicorn Queen for days) but the butterfly dude, the other unicorns, and whatever that cat-person was, all were just kind of... Yeah.

"Unicorn" as a song had me a bit skeptical at first too. When it began, it honestly sounded like something Frank DeCaro would use for the intro to his radio show, but it quickly evolves into something much more; much better. The song is a fun romp, and is exactly what people would expect from Pandora. It honestly feels much more like a song musically than her releases before, as it's not just one big joke or pun.

Pandora has never been a vocalist, so I wasn't going into this expecting Mariah, but she definitely has made a lot of progress since her first single "Cooter". She is hitting notes with more certainty and has moved to talk-singing for a good portion of the song, which doesn't detract from the vibe of the song at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this may not be Pandora's best song, but it's definitely fun and a great way to harken back to that odd yet comforting style of comedy that only Pandora Boxx can give us all.

Be sure and check out the single on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment