Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Colette Carr Is Finally Back With EP "Static. Start."

There is a God! I guess now I'll have to become a devout Christian or something, right? Regardless it's time to celebrate because whiz kid pop goddess Colette Carr has made her comeback, and she's as amazing as ever. Take a quick look at Static. Start.


 I can't even express how excited I am to discover this. I had noticed that Colette was more active on social media, but I didn't realize she had a whole new EP for us. I heard rumblings about a new album coming out this year called Believe In Us, but since then I had not seen a thing. Lucky for us all Colette is a fan of releasing EPs to get the music out quicker to us, thus we have Static. Start.

Of the four songs on this release all of them are the more pop flavor, completely leaving her rap elements in the dust. The title track "Static" is the best example of Colette's new vibe. It's not electro-pop, exactly, but it's also nothing like you'd hear on today's radio. cCarr has tapped into her inner muse and found her sound, and it is an amazing one. Even on slower tracks like "Moments In Love", she manages to keep the energy up and keep any listener interested.

After the initial disappointment of the "Going Ham" mixtape disappearing, I was unsure whether she was still up to making music, but thankfully she's back on the steady trail. Along the way she has recruited her old friend Frankmusik to produce this masterpiece. I don't know about you, but I'm damn happy to have her back on my iPod.

For anyone unsure if this release is for them, not only are all the tracks preview-able, but also "Static" is currently free for everyone with an iTunes account. Get it now and enjoy it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment