Saturday, November 5, 2011

Charice To Sing Theme For Upcoming Game

Charice, who you probably know from that show I can't stand Glee but I know from having some of the best songs on the market, has landed her biggest role yet, filling the shoes of Leona Lewis by singing the theme for the next Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy XIII-2, a direct sequel to XIII, is set to release in Japan in December and January in the United States. The theme song, titled "New World" is a ballad style song more like Charice's first album than her new material.

The track is actually going to be done in two different versions. One version, exclusive to the PS3 will be sang in Japanese by Mai Fukui, and the second being in English by Charice for the Xbox 360. Both songs have the same lyrics (in different languages), and the same back track. I don't exactly like the song more than "My Hands" by Leona Lewis used in Final Fantasy XIII, but it is still great track and fits the feel of the world that the game is set in.

The track was released on her sophomore album "Infinity" in Japan in early October which lead to an explosion in her popularity there. The album reached number 8 on the charts. There has been no official date set as of yet for the release of the album in North America, but given her popularity and appearances on both TV and soon to be Xbox in the United States, I'm sure the album will see a stateside release.

Since the track has yet to be released in the United States, I really don't feel too guilty posting the video up here for however long it lasts on YouTube.




I would like to take a moment to send out my best wishes to Charice as she goes through this trying time. My heart goes out to her family as they get through this rough patch. Things will get better, and with die hard fans out there and her career on the up-and-up, I'm sure she will make it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment